Fall Clean Up Week 2022 will be held from October 17 to October 21. Dumpsters will be available for drop off on the public works depot parking lot on Saturday October 15 and Sunday October 16 from noon to 8 PM. Dumpsters will not be accessible outside these hours. Someone will be on site to ensure items are sorted and placed in the proper dumpsters. Sorting guidelines are below and please ensure that all items in the household garbage stream are in clear plastic bags. For clarification no colored bags can be accepted which includes transparent blue bags used for recycling.
A curb side pick up schedule will be published within the next two weeks with the pick up schedule for each street.
CLEAN UP WEEK SORTING GUIDELINES
All materials put out for collection at curb side or brought to the drop off site will have to be separated into 3 streams as outlined below and must be separated at curb side.
STREAM 1 METALS
• REFRIGERATORS (must be certified AODS free)
• AIR CONDITIONING UNITS (AODS free)
• HOT WATER TANKS
• SMALL AUTOMOTIVE PARTS (LESS THAN 35 KGS)
• SNOW BLOWERS AND LAWN MOWERS
• ALL OTHER METALS
STREAM 2 BULK WASTE
• HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE (sofas, mattresses, box springs, dressers, chairs, etc)
• LAWN FURNITURE (not metal)
• BRANCHES AND YARD WASTE
• GRASS CLIPPINGS
• WOOD SCRAPS
**NO RECYCLABLES SUCH AS CARDBOARD OR PLASTICS, OR MATERIALS FROM RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OR RENOVATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED. ALL BAGGED ITEMS MUST BE IN CLEAR BAGS. CARDBOARD BOXES MAY BE USED AS CONTAINERS FOR SMALLER ITEMS SUCH AS WOOD SCRAPS, ETC.
STREAM 3 HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE
ALL ITEMS IN THIS STREAM MUST BE IN CLEAR BAGS
• GLASS (safely packaged)
• TEXTILES (clothing, bedding, etc)
• NON-RECYCLABLE PLASTIC
• TAKEOUT CONTAINERS
• SMALL APPLIANCES (toasters, blenders, etc)
**REGULAR HOUSEHOLD WASTE THAT IS NORMALLY COLLECTED AT CURB SIDE ON FRIDAYS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AND SHOULD BE PLACED AT CURB SIDE ON FRIDAY MORNING AS USUAL.
– Colored bags will not be accepted in either stream under any circumstances. If any items are to be bagged, clear bags must be used.
– The following items CANNOT be included for collection:
• Tires, vehicles, propane tanks
• Automotive parts exceeding 35kg
• Hazardous materials.
• Construction waste from houses under construction or renovation.