Spring Clean Up Week will be held from Monday May 10, 2021 to Friday May 14, 2021. Curbside pick up will begin on Monday May 10 at 8:30 AM. Dumpsters will be available on the public works depot parking lot behind the municipal playground and town hall on Saturday May 8 and Sunday May 9, for anyone wishing to drop off items.
The following items will be picked up at curb side:
• Household appliances, hot water tanks, stoves, refrigerators (ODS FREE)*Note any item such as refrigerators or air conditioners must be labeled ODS free by a certified technician. Anything not properly labeled will not be accepted.
• Household furniture, sofas, chairs, beds and mattresses
• Automotive parts – rims and small parts
• Garden items branches and grass cuttings (branches must be bundled)
• Appliances and/or metals MUST be kept separate from other items to allow for separate pickup by town employees. Items not separated will not be picked up.
• All smaller items should be bagged or boxed for safer pickup.
The following items can not be included for collection:
• Tires, vehicles, propane tanks• Automotive parts exceeding 35kg• Hazardous materials.
• Construction waste from houses under construction or renovation.
Residents are reminded to have all materials they wish to have picked up during clean up week at the curb. Town employees WILL NOT be picking up any item that is not at curbside. STAFF WILL START THE FINAL PICK UP AT 8:30 AM ON FRIDAY MAY 14. ONCE A STREET HAS BEEN CHECKED ON FRIDAY IT WILL NOT BE REVISITED. IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING GETS PICKED UP RESIDENTS SHOULD ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING IS PLACED AT CURB SIDE BY THE EVENING OF THURSDAY MAY 13.