Spring Cleanup Week will be held from May 10-14.
All materials put out for collection will have to be separated into 3 streams as outlined below and must be separated at curb side.
STREAM 1 METALS
• REFRIGERATORS (must be certified AODS free)
• AIR CONDITIONING UNITS (AODS free)
• HOT WATER TANKS
• SMALL AUTOMOTIVE PARTS (LESS THAN 35 KGS)
• SNOW BLOWERS AND LAWN MOWERS
• ALL OTHER METALS
STREAM 2 BULK WASTE
• HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE (sofas, mattresses, box springs, dressers, chairs, etc)
• LAWN FURNITURE (not metal)
• BRANCHES AND YARD WASTE
• GRASS CLIPPINGS
• WOOD SCRAPS
**NO RECYCLABLES SUCH AS CARDBOARD OR PLASTICS, OR MATERIALS FROM RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OR RENOVATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED. ALL BAGGED ITEMS MUST BE IN CLEAR BAGS. CARDBOARD BOXES MAY BE USED AS CONTAINERS FOR SMALLER ITEMS SUCH AS WOOD SCRAPS, ETC.
STREAM 3 HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE
ALL ITEMS IN THIS STREAM MUST BE IN CLEAR BAGS
• GLASS (safely packaged)
• TEXTILES (clothing, bedding, etc)
• NON-RECYCLABLE PLASTIC
• TAKEOUT CONTAINERS
• SMALL APPLIANCES (toasters, blenders, etc)
**REGULAR HOUSEHOLD WASTE THAT IS NORMALLY COLLECTED AT CURB SIDE ON FRIDAYS WILL NOT BE ACCESPTED AND SHOULD BE PLACED AT CURB SIDE ON FRIDAY MORNING AS USUAL.
– Colored bags will not be accepted in either stream under any circumstances. If any items are to be bagged, clear bags must be used.
– The following items CANNOT be included for collection:
• Tires, vehicles, propane tanks
• Automotive parts exceeding 35kg
• Hazardous materials.
• Construction waste from houses under construction or renovation.
– Residents are reminded to have all materials they wish to have picked up during clean up week at the curb. Town employees WILL NOT be picking up any item that is not at curbside. STAFF WILL START THE FINAL PICK UP AT 8:30 AM ON FRIDAY MAY 14. ONCE A STREET HAS BEEN CHECKED ON FRIDAY IT WILL NOT BE REVISITED. IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING GETS PICKED UP RESIDENTS SHOULD ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING IS PLACED AT CURB SIDE BY THE EVENING OF THURSDAY MAY 13.
– Curbside pick up will begin on Monday May 10 at 8:30 AM.
– Dumpsters will be available on the public works depot parking lot behind the municipal playground and town hall on Saturday May 11, Sunday May 12, and throughout the week for anyone wishing to drop off items. Due to the sorting restrictions, the dumpsters will only be available for drop off between 12 NOON AND 9 PM daily. All dumpsters will be clearly marked for each stream and someone will be on site to help ensure items go in the proper dumpster. The area will not be accessible outside these hours and will be video monitored.
If anyone would like a copy of the sorting guidelines for the 3 streams emailed to them, please contact the town office at email@example.com and we will provide a copy.